Venlo has an ideal location
You can’t miss Venlo!
There are some things you have to work hard for. Nothing wrong with that. But sometimes, things just turn out right by themselves. For Venlo, that’s the city’s ideal location! On the banks of the river Meuse, close to the German border, and at a strategic point between Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and the ports of Rotterdam and Antwerp on the one side, and the Central European hinterland on the other.
- Venlo has excellent infrastructure, with:
- highway links in all directions,
- good rail links: the most important railway line linking Rotterdam and the German hinterland – the ‘Brabant route’ – runs through Venlo,
- a port on the river Meuse, with a container terminal for inland shipping, (meer informatie),
- a rail container terminal, (meer informatie),
- and another under construction. (meer informatie).
That’s why Venlo is the biggest inland terminal in the Netherlands.